The Most Popular Online Poker Sites
The biggest poker sites in terms of player traffic have thousands and thousands of players logged in around the clock. Poker sites with lots of players offer several key advantages, such as tables that are full at all stakes, poker tournaments with massive prize pools and easy to use deposit methods. Large poker sites are also the safest places to play because they spare no expenses on security and customer support.
If you like to play multiple tables at a time or you are interested in games besides Texas Hold'em, large poker sites are perfect. The big poker sites have so many players that you’re bound to find games of all types at all stakes. On top of this, you can expect to play with some of the best software platforms in the industry. Since the big poker sites appeal to a wider audience, they are able to spend the money on improving software features.
Lists the Biggest Poker Sites in 2016
|Rank||Poker Site||USA||Sign Up Bonus||Bonus Code||Play Now!|
|1||Bet Online Poker||25% Instant Cash||n/a - use links||» www.BetOnline.com|
|2||Ignition Poker||100% up to $2000||n/a - use links||» www.IgnitionCasino.eu|
|3||Sportsbetting||25% Unlimited||n/a - use links||» www.Sportsbetting.eu|
Reviewing the Popular Online Poker Sites
- Location: Antigua
- Established: 2016
- Promo Code: n/a
- Traffic: 4,129 Players
- Mac Friendly: Yes
Bet Online is a new poker site, however, they’ve quickly become one of the fastest growing US poker sites catering to both Hold’em and Omaha players. The poker room is operates on the Hero Poker Network and supports both a Windows and a Mac download. Bet Online also provides access to the BetOnline.com sportsbook as well as casino, both of which have been operating for a number of years. The poker room features a $750 signup bonus, has no problems accepting USA players or processing payments and provides 25/7 fast and friendly customer support.
for a 25% Cash Unlimited Bonus!
What Do We Consider a "Popular" Poker Site?
In case you are wondering how we defined the "popular" poker sites, here are the criteria:
- 50,000+ Players Online, Around the Clock. This was the first qualifier, and it knocked out all but the three poker sites listed here. We didn't consider a site to be one of the most popular poker sites if it didn't have at least 50,000 players logged in around the clock. Party Poker was close, but Full Tilt and Stars blew this number out of the water (even during off-peak hours).
- TV Commercials. All of the poker sites on this page run TV commercials all the time in the world's biggest TV markets. This enables them to bring in boat-loads of players everyday (many of which are fishy rookies!).
- Live Tournament/Player Sponsorship. Another way that we found out about the most popular poker sites is because they sponsor major live tournaments (like the European Poker Tour circuit, sponsored by PokerStars) and the biggest-name poker pros (like Phil Ivey, sponsored by Full Tilt Poker).
Advantages of Big Poker Sites
The most obvious advantage of big poker sites is their large selection of games at all stakes. When a poker site manages to have tens of thousands of players logged in at all hours, the chances of finding games at all levels are very high. You can also find a wide variety of games other than Texas Hold'em.
In addition to that, big poker sites make a lot of money and can afford to provide their players with rewarding loyalty programs and large deposit bonuses. This extra money also allows poker sites to host large guaranteed tournaments. The PokerStars $1,500,000 guarantee, for example, is larger than most major live tournaments.
Large poker sites also have the best poker software in the industry. All the money they make allows them to constantly update and improve their software. You’ll notice frequent software updates at big poker sites such as Full Tilt and PokerStars. Smaller sites rarely have software that can compete with what's offered by the biggest poker sites.
Disadvantages of Big Poker Sites
The only disadvantage of playing at the more popular poker sites is that the competition is usually a little bit tougher than what you'd find at a smaller site. If you'd prefer to play at a smaller poker site that has a little bit easier to beat competition, check out these soft poker sites.
- Fishiest Poker Sites
- Mac Poker Sites
- Best Poker Rewards Programs
- No Download Poker Sites
- Micro-Stakes Poker Sites
- Biggest Poker Sites
- Best Poker Bonuses
- High Stakes Poker Sites
- Poker Sites with Poker Celebs
- Linux Poker Sites